Sunday, January 13, 2008

Right.... now I have got to try and keep this blog up to date!

Have had a manic week out and about, but am now looking forward to a good few days in the studio actually doing some weaving!

On Friday I started winding on a white 2/16 cotton warp to trial some warp painting ideas I've had lurking at the back of my mind for a while. I'm going to be trying to achieve some very optical effects, where vivid stripes of colour will almost make your eyes vibrate! The fabrics will then be encapsulated in acrylic - a new series of 'Resonate' artworks to compliment the existing 'Loose Threads' examples of which are in the photo below:

Am also in the midst of planning my forthcoming International Business Wales research trip to Dublin - am flying from Cardiff next Sunday 20th Jan, and will be staying for 5 days. The trip is to coincide with Showcase Ireland, so I'll be spending the Monday there and then the rest of the time will be researching galleries and hopefully visiting seom interior designers etc. If you have any suggestions as to any places I should visit or make contact with, I'd be very grateful!

Anyway, am teaching tomorrow.... so its high time I go to bed!

No comments: