These are the latest CPD sessions I've organised at Craft in the Bay for makers, artists and designers based in Wales. There are a few places left for both the morning and afternoon sessions - please call Craft in the Bay on 02920 484 611 asap to book
Membership of the Makers Guild in Wales
Thursday 26th January 2012, 11.30am -12.15pm
Want to find out more about becoming a member of the Makers Guild in Wales? Want the chance to exhibit and sell at the Guilds prestigious gallery Craft in the Bay in Cardiff? Want to get involved with the largest maker-led craft organisation in Wales?
Laura Thomas Makers Guild in Wales member and trustee, will give a presentation on the benefits of joining the Guild. Current exciting developments at Craft in the Bay as well as the history of the Guild will be covered alongside the specifics of the new application procedure and what membership actually entails.
Cost: Free. Limited spaces, so booking is still absolutely essential.
Support for makers and designers in Wales
Thursday 26th January 2012, 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Six of Wales’ leading arts and design support organisations will each give a short presentation on the services and support they offer makers and designers in Wales. Where relevant, membership benefits will be explained; practical support and/or facilities outlined; and grant opportunities highlighted.
• 1.30pm Harry McIver, Wales Arts International
• 2.00pm Robyn Tomos will discuss the application process and benefits of having work selected as part of the annual Art & Craft exhibition at the Eisteddfod
• 2.30pm Lesley Lillywhite, Swansea Print Workshop
• 3.00pm Break
• 3.30pm Cleeve Jenkins, from the Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries, will be talking about The Creative & Cultural Workforce Development Scheme which offers continuing professional development opportunities for freelancers, small and medium sized businesses in the creative and cultural industries in the Welsh convergence area.
• 4.00pm Anne Morgan, Association of Contemporary Jewellers in Wales
• 4.30pm Michael Goode and Cerys Thomas, Arts Council of Wales
Cost: Free, but a donation of £3.00 to cover afternoon refreshments would be appreciated. Limited spaces, so booking is still absolutely essential.