Saturday, November 7, 2009

Creative Wales Ambassador Award at Ruthin Craft Centre

Earlier this year I was the recipient of a Creative Wales Ambassador Award from the Arts Council of Wales. This Award is supporting the development of several new bodies of work over the next two years. Ruthin Craft Centre in North Wales was my nominating 'host' organisation for the award and as part of developing my working relationship with them, I am spending approx one week per month 'in residence' at one of their studios.

I'm using this opportunity to get away from the day-to-day distractions of 'normal' life here in Cardiff to get on was some uninterrupted thinking, planning and designing and to formalise the structure of my planned projects.

I spent my week in residence during September working in a very uninhibited way primarily exploring colour proportions and relationships. Its was also interesting to reflect upon the fact that it became a great deal easier and more natural to think on a bigger scale in a large, white, empty studio space - quite a contrast to my dark, crowded studio here in Cardiff!

Anyway, here's a few pictures from that first week in September.....














.... I got through a lot of paint that week!

No comments: