Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Stitch in Time: function and form, Shire Hall, Monmouth

'Arc' by me in foreground, artwork by Melissa Warren on wall
After visiting the opening of the 'A Stitch in Time'   exhibition in Shire Hall, Monmouth last Friday, I thought I'd share some pictures of the show with you. Its a really wonderful exhibition, beautifully curated, and an intriguing mix of work. I particularly loved the juxtapositioning of historic textiles with the contemporary works. Please do visit the exhibition if you're nearby - its on until the 18th March.

'Arc' by me in foreground, artwork by Lynette Miller on wall
 
Melissa Warren sculpture on floor juxtaposed with a piece from the Abergavenny Museum historic textile collection

Georgie Meadows



Items from the Abergavenny Museum historic textile collection

Items from the Abergavenny Museum historic textile collection

Items from the Abergavenny Museum historic textile collection

No comments: